Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's been almost a year since my husband, Ronald Hall, had a catastrophic, life-changing accident on October 5, 2013.  See the previous post about that.  We spent a total of 5 months in 3 different hospitals and for the past 6 months, I was his full-time nurse/caregiver at home. To top things off, we had just moved to Seattle from PA and he only worked at his new job as a professor at Northwest University for 2 months when this happened.  That meant we were far away from any family or friends and knew no one here yet.  However, people all around us have befriended us and became family with us in this tragedy.  We have been amazed at how people have cared and worked over and above to help Ron succeed in bringing his body back from total paralysis.

Here we are on the other side of this tragedy, putting the pieces of our lives back together again.

Ron and Me on a Ferry to Bainbridge Island, WA

Ron in his Walker


Over the past months Ron has recovered enough that I am back to creating again.  I will return to work with Tacony, the Baby Lock Sewing Machine Company, beginning in 2015.  I will be travelling  the country on a limited basis, presenting workshops on quilting and embellishing  on Baby Lock machines.

While I was caring for my husband I produced a couple of quilts for 2 grandbabies and here are  photos of those:

Collin's Quilt

Madelines' Quilt

These were created using the Baby Lock Ellisimo sewing and embroidery machine.  I embroidered boy cats for Collin and girl cats for Madeline.  I machine -quilted an adapted version of feathers - created to look like cat paws and cat tails, all over the surface of the quilt.  Below are photos of our family celebrating our birthdays in May of this year, 2014.

Justin, Jennifer, Collin, Ron, Me

Our New Grandbaby, Madeline and Toby

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news Linda. I am so glad that you will be able to return to your creative life and I am sure that your dear Husband is more than thankful for all your hard work and dedication. Tragedies like this test us all beyond our normal strengths and change us in little ways that surprise us. He looks wonderful considering all he has been through. Such nice quilts for sweet babies. God Bless and Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete