Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Guest Artist with Baby Lock

This past year has been a whirlwind of change for me.  I have been a passionate felter with my Baby Lock Embellisher as many of you are also.  I have loved to share my ideas, hopes and fears on this blog and how my understanding of all things felting have developed.  I will probably always be developing new art with wool as it is my passion but I have a new life now.

Hand-Dyed Wool, Silk, Nylon, Cottswold Curls
 
 
I have been accepted into the Tacony Corporation family, creators of the Baby Lock Embellisher Needle Felting Machine, as a Guest Artist, which means I will be travelling the country teaching my felting techniques  and promoting my book, "The Art of Machine Needle Felting" to whomever will have me. I will be presenting Lecture/Demonstrations of my felting techniques as well as a hands-on class for customers to create a felted scarf, like the ones below. Here are some pictures of my Daughter-In-Law, Erin, modelling the scarves for me:
 
 






For more information about this visit my website at:  www.fabricartbylinda.com and click on the Baby Lock tab.  Scroll down until you see the information about the Embellisher Presentations.

But when I am not felting, I am quilting and teaching others quilting techniques.  I have been developing Free-Motion Quilting Classes locally and teaching that subject regionally for several years now, in order to afford my wool binges at the Sheep and Wool Festival.  Tacony wants me to be travelling and teaching those as well.  Here is a sample of my Free-Motion quilting work I will be teaching on several Baby Lock machines, especially with the new technology just out this year to make it all that much easier. 
Introduction to Free-Motion Machine Quilting

Fantastic Feathers
Free-Motion Quilting Class


I am currently part of the design process of a new tool that will make Free-Motion Quilting with a Stitch Regulator much easier and smoother.  This item should be manufactured and on the market this spring.  I will be travelling and teaching this new technology as well. 

So this means I will be incorporating some new kinds of information here on this blog.  It will still be about felting but it will also be about quilting, my travel stories, and new information as I have it.

Here is travel itinerary this year 2013:

March - Southwest - AZ, NM,TX,LA

April - Northeast - PA, NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH

May - West Coast - CA, CO, NV, HI

Mid-South - KS, MO, MS, AL

Northwest - WA, OR, ID, MT, WV, UT, AK

Near West - MI, IL, IN, KY, TN

Southeast -SC, GA, Fl, PR

Mid- Atlantic - OH, WV, MD, VA, NC

Mid-West - ND, SD, MN, IA, WI


The above itinerary does not mean I will be away for the entire month.  It just means that area of the country has me for that  month and will book events close enough together so that I can travel from one to the other without going home in between.   If you want me to come to your area for Embellisher classes, just google your closest Baby Lock Dealer and ask them to book me.  They can call the Tacony Company Headquarters and set up the details with the Regional Representative for their area.

This is all too exciting for words.  The only downside is that I will be homesick for my studio and making cool stuff but I get to share the cool stuff I have already made with those who would be interested.  If that's you, maybe I will get to meet you this year some time.

Stay tuned for Baby Lock adventures, beginning in February in Pennsylvania.


No comments:

Post a Comment