Monday, October 8, 2012

New Booklet "Creative Ideas for the Baby Lock Embellisher"

A lot has happened since I last posted.  I have been waiting until things are more definite but I am ready to tell you all the good news now. 

I had a wonderful time at Babylock Tech in St. Louis in August and met a lot of wonderful creative people. I was invited to set up a display booth of my work and present new ideas for the Babylock Embellisher machine to the other dealers and visitors to the event. It resulted in my being invited by the Tacony company (makers of the Baby Lock Embellisher) to become a National  Educator for them and travel to teach the Embellisher and other classes in various locations around the country. It is all still in the works yet but if you have wanted to have machine needle felting classes in your area, you just have to ask your local Babylock dealer to invite me for an event and they can contact Tacony headquarters and arrange something for you. I will keep you posted on this as it is brand new and not yet advertised to all the dealers.  I met and talked with many dealers at Babylock Tech and they were interested in Embellisher classes in 2013. Stay tuned.

The following booklet was published for the event and I am able to offer it for sale now on my website.  It is a 20 page idea book with photo references to my latest work, my first book (The Art of Machine Needle Felting) new project ideas for the Embellisher machine and a free pattern enclosed.   To order go to www.fabricartbylinda.com and click on the Online Store page.  You can use Paypal or any credit card to order.



The pattern includes directions and templates for the Falling Leaves Placemats. 


Also, for those of you who live in the southeast Pennsylvania area, I am having a quilt show of my work at Pottstown Sewing in Pottstown, PA for the month of October.  That is when the quilters are on the move with their quilt shop hops and stash building before the cold winter sets in.  If you would like to see a selection of Art Quilts and some needle felted quilts up close, visit Pottstown Sewing at
142 Shoemaker Road, Pottstown, PA. 

Monument Valley Mesa

Tropical Tidepool



For hours and directions, call 610) 326-5055. You might see me there being trained in all things Babylock by the dealers Ron and Barb Spaulding, preparing for my travels next year. I am learning how to use all the machines in the Baby Lock line and it is very interesting and fun. I hope to
be able to meet up with some of you felting enthusiasts at some point in the future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment