Sunday, November 7, 2010

Learning to Paint with Wool

I have been working through a set of DVDs by Lois Griffel, who is the director of the Cape Cod School of Art. Her work is based on the work of her predecessors, Charles Hawthorne and Henry Hensche, who built upon and enlarged the color principles made famous by Monet.  These lessons are done in oil painting but I chose to use pastel because I am not a painter, as such.  By learning how to paint with pastel, following her lessons, I hope to be able to translate photos into Impressionistic pieces using wool and the Babylock Embellisher machine.  I wrote a book on using the Embellisher this year and am now building upon it.  See sidebar for details or go to my website at www.fabricartbylinda.com.  To see the instructional DVDs by Lois Griffel, go to her website at http://loisgriffel.com/home.shtml.

No comments:

Post a Comment