Only 2 Days Left for 25 % Off Book and CD. Sale ends New Years Day at 10 PM.
I've decided to put my new book on sale for the Holidays. If you wanted a copy, now's the time to get one at 25% off the original price, only until New Years. My stock is limited and tends to go fast so get yours now. To order, go to my website at http://www.fabricartbylinda.com/ and click on the online store.
Following is a complete description:
Holiday Sale until New Years Day, 25% off this book - only $29.95. You can order through Paypal even if you do not have a Paypal account.
This book was featured on the program "Sewing With Nancy TV" and can be viewed at the following link:
Finally, a handbook for any needle felting machine owner that needs to learn how to create, maintain, and use their machines to their best advantage. Learn about fibers, fabrics, yarns, tools, replacement parts, not to mention patterns and directions for your own art work.
Some of the highlights of the book are:
• How to use the Embellisher to create different kinds of artwork
• Fabric substrates that are available and how each produces different effects
• Needle sizes available as well as where to get them and when to use them; how to polish your needles to extend the life of them
• Illustrated directions for changing needles, changing needle heads, using your machine
• In depth description of tools, where to get them and how to use them
• In depth presentation of fibers, such as wool, silk, angora, Angelina, bamboo, nylon, etc., their properties, where to get them and when to use
them in your work
• In depth practice with creating samples to learn all that can be done with this machine before beginning the actual projects
• Incorporating yarn through the yarn port and guides- how and when to use it
• Illustrated directions for preparing or mixing fibers with hand carding combs
• Projects included for beginners as well as seasoned needle felting artists
• How to prepare and enlarge patterns for Needle Felted Impressionistic wool paintings
• Finishing techniques for quilters
• Illustrated wet felting tutorial for smoothing the surface of the finished pieces
• Four pages devoted to trouble shooting and problem solving
• Listings of businesses locally and online that stock the tools and supplies listed in this book
• 150 pages of full color print on glossy heavy stock paper
• Includes a CD with copy-ready patterns and photos for better close-up views for the reader
"If you want to take machine embellishing to the next level, then "The Art of Machine Needle Felting" is the perfect reference book. This project based book is loaded with tips, fiber suggestions and notions that will expand your embellishing knowledge. Linda has embraced this art form and through research and personal experimentation, she has developed some wonderful techniques that she is willing to share. Follow her step by step instructions to create Monet inspired masterpieces. She demonstrates the ease of creating landscapes with beautiful foliage and assorted cloud formations and incorporates them into quilted wall hangings. If you've grown tired of punching wool roving and need some inspiration, I strongly suggest "The Art of Machine Needle Felting."
Diane Aholt, Field Education Manager, Babylock USA